Saturday, April 28, 2012

Party - CFC2

Challenge #2 over at the Crafty Friends Challenges blog is to make a project and include two die cuts on the project.

The card I made is quite simple but you wouldn't believe how long it took me to make it, LOL!  I used patterned paper by My Mind's Eye which is where I began with this project.  As you can see it has several different colors and I had the hardest time trying to figure out the color combinations I wanted to use.  I was determined to use this paper and after hours of comparing it with some Stampin Up and Papertrey ink card stock, I finally decided on colors to use from each company -- woo, thank goodness!  I have a card base of Papertrey Ink's Summer Sunrise card stock which is cut to 6 3/4 x 6 1/4 and scored at 3 5/8.  I made this size card because as I was looking through my craft stash, I stared at the box of 6 3/4 standard size envelopes I bought from Office Depot a few years ago (oh my, LOL!) and thought it was time to make a card to fit it!  I'm quite impressed!  I think I like this size--I better--I have 99 more envelopes to use, LOL!  Anyway, I paper pierced the perimeter of the patterned paper and adhered it to a piece of Stampin Up Ruby Red card stock.  To decorate the card front, I used die cuts as required for the challenge.  I cut the large present and the word Party using Sizzix Sizzlits dies from their Doodle Dies birthday set.  The smaller present and the party hat are cut using Cuttlebug dies from their birthday dies set.  These dies were all cut using Stampin Up's Ruby Red and Pixie Pink card stock.  I cut the images twice, one in each color, because as you can see, I decorated the Ruby Red with the Pixie Pink.  But for the word Party, I layered the Pixie Pink card stock on top of the Ruby Red and offset it a bit for that double font shadow look.  Wow, a card with no stamping, LOL!

1 comment:

NinaB said...

What a sweet card. I'm glad you could join us for the Crafty Friends Challenge #2.