Sunday, April 29, 2012
Mojo Monday 238 sketch. The card base is Gina K Designs' soft sand card stock. I used a Spellbinders' scalloped square die to cut the squares from three patterned papers by My Mind's Eye. The panel for the focal image is more soft sand card stock cut using Marvy Uchida's scalloped circle punch. The floral image and sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Autumn Abundance stamp set. To color the floral image, I used Marvy LePlume II markers #68 daffodil yellow and #36 manganese blue and for the leaves, Prismacolor pencil #PC912 apple green. The sentiment was inked with the manganese blue marker and stamped onto white card stock and then cut into a tag shape. I attached the tag to the Offray ribbon bow to finish the card.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Challenge #2 over at the Crafty Friends Challenges blog is to make a project and include two die cuts on the project.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Mojo Monday 237 sketch challenge. The flower image is an Inkadinkado stamp. I stamped the image several times and colored them with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. It's a small image but it made for good practice because this was my first time using the mineral spirits. The patterned paper is by Hot Off the Press. I adhered it to some light purple card stock from my stash that I had punched with the Martha Stewart zig-zag edge punch. I cut out the flowers and adhered each with some dimensional adhesive. I added some lovely sheer ribbon by Michaels. The sentiment is from a stamp I found in the dollar bin at a local craft store. The card base is Stampin Up's Perfect Plum card stock.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
JustRite challenge 070 is to design your own patterned paper. I used images from the Topsy Turvy Cakes stamp set to create my card. I stamped the flower image on white card stock and colored in the images with Marvy LePlume II marker colors yellow green, manganese blue and persimmon. I stamped the cake image and also colored it with the same markers in addition to the black and pale orange marker colors. I used a scalloped edge punch on some Pacific Point card stock by Stampin Up and a strip of Papertrey Ink's black card stock. I used Spellbinders oval nestibilities to cut the cake and the scalloped mat. The ribbon is from Michaels and I used it to bring in more of the red color to tie in with the flowers on the background design and on the cake. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Beate with the help of some friends has started a new challenge blog called Crafty Friends Challenges. The first challenge is to create a vintage project. I joined in on the fun and made this card which I hope fits the theme. The card base is Stampin Up's creamy caramel card stock. I cut it to 5 1/2 x 11 to get a 5 1/2 in square card before inking up the edges with tea dye distress ink. I covered the front with patterned paper by My Mind's Eye. The main focal image is Stampin Up's stipple rose and I used Versafine's vintage sepia ink to stamp it on the solid color paper also by My Mind's Eye. I cut the oval using the coluzzle tool and I distressed the edges a bit before inking them up with some tea dye distress ink. The sentiment is a Brenda Walton die cut sticker from K&Company and I adhered it to a piece of creamy caramel card stock to add a bit of stability. It has a fun shape so I cut around it exposing a bit of the card stock, inked up the edges with the tea dye distress ink and adhered it to the card front with dimensionals. To finish the look, I added some ribbon that I had saved from some packaging a while ago because it was too nice to throw away.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
JustRite challenge #069 to use soft Spring colors and a butterfly. The daffodil image is from JustRite's The Greatest Joy stamp set. I colored it with Marvy LePlume II marker colors yellow green, daffodil yellow, beige, as well as Copic markers Y15 and Y38. I wanted the petals to look white so I highlighted the veins with what I thought was a grey Prismacolor Premier marker but it turned out to be the color cloud blue--oops. But, it doesn't look too bad. I used my Coluzzle to cut out a circle in pink patterned paper to use as a mat for the daffodil. I used the Fiskars grass border punch on some green patterned paper and adhered to the circle. I then stitched around the circle for some added detail before adhering the daffodil image. On the card base, I covered some pink paper with vellum to soften the color and I stitched the top and bottom for decorative edges. I then added three strips of patterned paper as a platform for the image and sentiment. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment which is from JustRite's All Occasion Nested Sentiments set onto blue paper and rounded off two of the corners. To finish the card, I added two punched mini butterflies to frame the sentiment.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
JustRite blog is to create a project using soft Spring colors and a butterfly. I decided to join in and I created this card. I stamped and colored the daffodil image from JustRite's the Greatest Joy set using Marvy LePlume II marker colors, yellow green, beige, daffodil yellow as well as Copic Y15 and Y38. I then used scissors and a craft blade to cut it out to adhere to the background paper for the card front. The sentiment is from JustRite's All Occasion Nested Sentiments set which I stamped using Versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut some green patterned paper using the Fiskars grass border punch and adhered it behind some grass patterned paper that I hand cut to add some shapely hills for added detail. I stitched around the perimeter of the blue and green background papers before adhering to the card front. I created the clouds and sun using some Cuttlebug flower dies. The butterflies were cut from card stock scraps and a mini punch I had found in the $1 bin from Michaels a few years ago.