Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mixed Seasons winner


Last week's potluck Friday challenge at StampTV was to "mix the seasons". This was a very unique challenge. I pondered over it for a few days because I couldn't figure out how to incorporate images from different seasons into a card that I would like. Well waiting til the night before the due date, I made this card that I was pleased to post. I used the pine cones and sentiment from the Winter Foliage set to represent the Fall/Winter season. I stamped the foliage and pine cones using VersaFine vintage sepia ink. I colored the pine cones using a Prismacolor pencil and I sponged on some Spanish Olive chalk ink by Tsukineko onto the needle like leaves. I then cut out each pine cone and adhered them on top for dimension. I stamped the tulips from the A Year of Flowers set to represent Spring. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement of the tulips, stems and leaves and after stamping them, I colored them in with Prismacolor pencils. I also hand cut out an extra red tulip and adhered for dimension.

I am so glad I took the challenge because I was selected as the winner of the challenge! Woohoo; I win a free stamp set from Gina K. Designs! Thanks Lee for a fun challenge!

No comments: