Thursday, March 5, 2009

SDDC5 Monochromatic challenge


I made this card for the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge. The challenge was to make a monochromatic card. I had a tough time with this but I finally settled on SU's not quite navy, bashful blue and brilliant blue cs. Stamp images are from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings. I had planned on using Sizzlits die cut buttons for the space between the two images but they were a little too big so I embellished with some rhinestones which I think added a nice pop to the card as this was a quite simple card. Not sure if you can see the score lines on either side of the card but I made use of a mistake. I cut my card base from the cs and scored it in half but I scored at 4 instead of 4.5 (oops) but I decided to leave it and let it be a decorative detail by scoring the opposite end to have a score line on each side. I'm proud of myself for taking advantage of this mistake, something I don't do much, lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card! I love the blues you used, as well as your design.

Thanks so much for playing the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge!!!