The topic for day 7 of the Online Card Classes Copic Markers for Card Makers was coloring with difficult colors. The colors used in the lesson were red, white and black. The images for the lesson was a flower and robot vampire and bat. I have a Copic R29 which is the only red I own in the R2 color family. On the first flower, I combined R29 with R85 which looks a bit of a pinkish red and R89 which is more of a deeper maroon color. I put down a base color of R85 and then R89 for the shaded area. To try to make the petals red, I tried the tip to tip technique to blend the R89 with the R29. Because of the different intensity of these colors, it didn't quite work although not too bad but I do need to practice the technique more to get better blending. The second flower I used R29 and R89 and it looks fairly good. The third and fourth flowers I colored with C1, C3 (cool gray colors) and a bit of the colorless blender to create a white flowers. It may be hard to see in the photo but the difference can be seen in person. Also, the lesson included a robot vampire and bat image. The instructor used darker grays and black for the cape but I only have the C1 and C3 so I experimented with what I had and used the R89 for the interior and black on the exterior. I like the look. I also tried to give the cape on the second robot a pleated look similar to what the instructor demonstrated. Again, I didn't have any darker grays so I used the R89 for the pleat. And for the bats, I used the grays and outlined them with the black. However, on the first bat, I tried to incorporate some black into the wing by trying the tip to tip technique with the C3 and the black and also the colorless blender and black. Well, if I had worked on it more, I might have gotten the wings a little more color. But overall, it wasn't too bad practicing with these colors. Below is my practice sheet.