Friday, November 2, 2012

Celebrate today


It's sparkly!  Crafty Friends Challenges #9, add some glitz and glam to a project.  I started with some Creamy Caramel card stock from Stampin Up for the card base.  I also used this card stock and stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Autumn Abundance stamp set using Stampin Up's Almost Navy ink.  I used an oval punch to cut out the sentiment but then I used scissors to straighten off two of the sides.  I used the Sew Easy stitch piercing tool to add holes onto a piece of My Mind's Eye patterned and I hand stitched it with some DMC floss.  For the glitz and glam part, I added some turquoise glitter to a Sizzix butterfly die cut. I die cut one of the tags from the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two Shapeabilities and threaded some ribbon from Michaels through the ends as an added embellishment to the back drop for the focal image.  I also stamped a sentiment from Hero Arts on the inside of the card in addition to adding a few strips of My Mind's Eye patterned paper for some added color.  I thought I was going to add this card to my stash but as soon as I had chosen the ribbon and butterfly, I realized that I can give this to one of my coworkers next month who will be celebrating her one year anniversary for being cancer free!  She is such the nicest person I've ever met!  Our office will be surprising her with some flowers too!

1 comment:

Spellbinders Paper Arts said...

Great card, Elaine. Love the sparkly butterfly!
Hugs and dsmiles