Wednesday, September 28, 2011

21st Birthday boxing glove card

This is a boxing glove shaped card I made for my son's 21st birthday last month!  He enjoys watching boxing, wrestling and UFC.  I don't mind the wrestling but the boxing, ugh!  But since 21 is a special milestone, his father and I got him tickets to a UFC event which will be in town this weekend!  We learned of the show about a month before his birthday (perfect timing!) and I was so happy because I knew he had to receive a special gift to celebrate this milestone!  Oh the smile he had on his face when he opened his card!!!!!  Oh yeah, the card, lol!  I drew out a glove shape on scrap paper and used it as a template to cut it from card stock.  I found the boxing picture online and traced it onto tracing paper then onto card stock; this was the perfect embellishment for the card front!  I stamped Birthday on a strip of white card stock adhered to the bottom and edged it with two black strips of card stock.  For the interior, I stamped the sentiment on a white piece of card stock and attached it to create a pocket to hold the tickets.  Both sentiments are from the Fiskars stamp set called Birthday Cheer.

1 comment:

Boxing Glove said...

Great article....!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept.