Sunday, June 5, 2011

Adventures in sewing

Ever since I took a sewing class over 5 years ago, I've been buying fabric and have accumulated a good stash!  In that class, I made the black bag below. I'm so proud of it and carry it to work everyday!  Of course after this class, I was like, I'm going to buy a sewing machine and make more of these bags!  Well, I did buy a sewing machine but I haven't made another of these bags yet.  This ever happen to you with a project?  LOL!  But, I have been getting some use out of the sewing machine, thank goodness!  I've made an apron and a few pillowcases.  The pillowcases are really fun!  A couple of years ago, the local fabric store had a sewing event where individuals were provided fabric and taught how to sew a pillowcase and then the pillowcases were donated to a charity.  When I wanted to make one for my son (finished pic below) I had to do a search on YouTube because I forgot a few steps and thankfully I found a few videos using the same technique taught at the fabric store.  This is the video I like best (and they have some other great videos too!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM .  But most recently, I made a zippered case and a mini four patch bag which didn't turn out too bad.  I'm keeping the projects small for now but hope to work my way up to a larger project such as a quilt.  Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

iphone 5 said...

iphone 5
rumors have captured the minds and hearts of all of us...the best android