Saturday, January 16, 2010

Color and Sketch challenges



Here are a few projects I created for two of the Gina K. Designs January release party challenges over at Splitcoaststampers. All stamped images are from Gina K. Designs.

The sketch challenge was to make a scrapbook page and I try to participate in these when I can because it helps me get those pictures of out of storage and on display. I used images from Guiding Light and Flowers for Daisy stamp sets. I embossed the birds and Psalms verse in white but I used Versamark ink to stamp the bird on the wood log (in the bottom right corner) for a subtle look. I used a white gelly roll pen by Sakura to write the title and journaling. I also added a few sea shells I cut with a Cuttlebug die at the bottom for a bit of embellishing.

I made the card for the color challenge; make a Valentine's card with no pink or red. This was a quick and simple card to make. I embosssed the card front with the Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, I cut the hearts using a Sizzlits die and I stamped the sentiment using words in the Say it with Flowers stamp set.

No comments: