Saturday, November 14, 2009

STVTC38 and STVSC37



Since I haven't stamped in a while and to get my mojo started, several days ago I participated in two StampTV challenges.

I made the Christmas card following sketch STVSC37. I often see many cards where patterned papers are mixed so I thought I would attempt it on this card. This is out of my comfort zone but I don't think it turned out too bad. For the focal image, I stamped the sleigh and colored it using an aqua brush and pretty in pink ink from Stampin Up. I then outlined the interior pattern with a red and a pink Marvy LePlume marker as well as adding stickles to give a shine; can't really see in photo but it looks pretty good IRL. I also sponged the edges with some pink and green ink because I thought the white was a bit stark. I used my Cuttlebug to die cut some chipboard using the snowflakes die. I used white ink to color the chipboard and after the snowflakes dried, I added stickles.

Materials: Gina K. Designs stamp set (The Magic of Christmas); My Mind's Eye (patterned paper); Stampin Up (card stock Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink and Pretty in Pink ink); Stickles (Xmas red, Stardust)

The second card I made was for the technique challenge, STVPF38. The challenge was to use a sentiment to make a background. The "love" sentiment is from the stamp set Little Tee's. The wedding sentiment is from the stamp set With this Ring. I cut the heart using a Marvy paper punch.

No comments: